Saturday, August 11, 2012

2nd attempt

At 10am this morning the forecast was not great but I decided to go on out. At least thre are no tornado watches today. Today's goals are simple
1) Go out and solo sail #55 leg of the year
2) Sail more than 72 nm, my own solo record
3) Sail solo through the night - never done a full night solo
4) sail 100nm solo
5) sail 160nm solo

Since I have a 6pm dinner tomorrow, I doubt I will reach goal #5, but I sure will obtain goal #1

Here are some departure pictures. The hat I am wearing is an official Slovenia Aolympics hat - thanks Robert.





2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, what would a sail (solo or otherwise) be without the infamous peanuts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find peanuts are an essential safety device and I am surprised that they are not required by law on all boats.

      Delete