Friday, September 20, 2013

Boston to salem ready for the retreat

After finishing my meeting at BioPharm in Boston yesterday I sailed - well motored - over to Salem.
There was about an hour of decent sailing but then the winds just died. However, the wind projections suggested that I wouldn't be able to sail at all, so I take it as a good day. Dinner was at Finz - oysters and IPA - then back to the boat for a good night of sleep.

Work started at about 4am and then I went up to watch the sun rise. Not a bad way to work. Realizing that I can connect my computer through a personal hotspot on my phone has changed my life. Doesn't matter where I am I can get the work done and enjoy the ocean too. Do you think there might be even more time on the boat next year? At noon, I will go to land for the Tufts Neuroscience retreat.
This morning there is no wind and I will take the opportunity to change the 135% genoa to our 90% headsail because tomorrow and Sunday, when I will be sailing, are projected to be high wind days. Since I am solo I will pull back on sail area for safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment