Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Relation between air temperature, sea water temperature and engine temperature

As many of you know I am a scientist at heart so since this is the first year that we have left Prairie Gold on the water I wanted to track temperatures to see how the engine temperature was tracking air and sea water temperature. Beneath is our updated information. As you can see the sea water temperature is the dominant indicator - so far. Over the next couple of day its going to get mighty chilly and if I can brave the temperatures I will go out and make some more measurements.

Good news too - we have beer stored in the boat. Even though we have had excessive cold at times because the sea water temperature is dominating the cabin temperature in Prairie Gold the beer has not frozen. I might just have to go down and test an IPA or two this week with lows forecast to be 0F

No comments:

Post a Comment